Multichoice Africa Limited seeks to appoint a Senior Research Manager reporting to the HOD: Research & Audience Measurement, based out of Dubai.
(External factors which influence the work environment, taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account)
• Leading edge technology
• Dynamic ever changing environment
• Complex products and standards
• Competitive environment
• Catering to consumer expectations
• Research and recommendations
• Integration between various external parties
• Interface to technology partners
• International trends
• Deadline driven
(External individuals or groups as well as individuals or groups within the organisation to whom products, services, programmes and information must be provided.)
• Centre of Information and Insights division
• MultiChoice Africa Marketing, Strategy, Corporate affairs
• MultiChoice Africa Retention and operations
• MultiChoice Africa in country management and marketing
Broadcast Technology Division
• Content division
• DStv Media Sales Division
Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organisation’s mission and strategy
• Effectively manage the research initiatives for MultiChoice Africa LTD in terms of quality, optimal efficiencies and delivery of business insights.
• Effectively manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities.
• Plan and implement effective workflows that perform the work and fulfill the mission and goals of the department.
• Effectively manage and ensure a highly engaged team.
• Ensure staff have clear KPAs and swiftly manage performance to have high team performance.
• Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, principles, and values.
• Effectively allocate resources in relation to available capacity in order to successfully meet customer requirements.
• Develop and manage suppliers and customers through Operational Level Agreements.
• Effectively manage the ongoing delivery of relevant reports and trackers to the management team
• Participation in strategy development with management in Dubai and SA
• Liaise between Dubai and SA to make sure the strategic direction and implementation of services are aligned
• Management and representation of MultiChoice research across platforms/projects:-
o Tracker surveys – including but not limited to Brand Health and Churn
o Market sizing statistics for each country
o Package NPS, and channel appreciation
o Channel Appreciation Tracker
o Online panel surveys
o Strategic Adhoc projects including conjoint and price sensitivity
o Qualitative research
• Participate in the end to end design and project management of research surveys
• Participate in effective change management process
• People management skills
• Strategic big picture thinking together with a good understanding of the African countries
• Designing questionnaires and sampling and weighting frameworks essential
• Ability to present research results and strategically debate business issues
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Quality and results driven.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Analytical thinking.
• Negotiation skills.
• Financial/budget management.
• Proactive thinking.
• Manager of self.
• Customer orientation.
• Initiative and self-motivated
• Professional maturity
• Decision making abilities
• Service and delivery oriented
• Ability to work under pressure
• Able to multitask
Qualifications and Experience
: MultiChoice (Pty) Ltd