Black & Veatch is the 10th largest majority Employee-Owned company in the United States. With revenues of $3 billion, the company is ranked by Forbes as one of the largest privately owned companies in the United States.
Engineering News-Record, which compiles and publishes rankings of the largest construction and engineering firms annually, measured by gross revenues, ranked Black & Veatch 2nd in telecommunications, 2nd in power, 5th in water, 8th in wastewater, 15th in international markets, and 15th in the overall top 500 design category, in the United States in 2016.
Black & Veatch has more than 100 offices worldwide and has completed projects in more than 100 countries on six continents.
Black & Veatch invites applications for Engineering Graduate opportunities in Midrand. Founded in 1915, Black & Veatch is a leading global engineering, consulting and construction company.
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry.
Our Mission sets the bar higher, Building a World of Difference. The company specializes in these major markets: Energy, Water, Telecommunications, Federal Management Consulting.
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Functions in an engineer capacity.
- Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of engineering deliverables for projects.
- Develops recommendations for equipment & material selection.
- Reviews lower level engineering work performed by Vendors or performs assignments.
- Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope.
- Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.