The company was founded in 1902 by two Pretoria businessmen, William Gindra and Edward Green, who started a small stationery and general printing factory in Pretorius Street and named it Caxton.
In 1947 Dr. H.J. van der Bijl became Chairman of the Board; he was the driving force behind the company going public the same year, as Caxton Ltd.
We are involved in various fields of publishing and printing i.e. newspapers, magazines, commercial print, book printing, stationery, packaging and labels, as well as manufacturing ink for web presse.
- Servicing and maintenance of machines
- Repairing machinery
- Fault finding (220V & 380 V)
- Basic rigging
- Basic welding
- Basic pneumatics and hydraulics
- Minimum: Must have passed N2 level of fitting & machining trade theory, electrical trade theory, and technical drawing
- Minimum: Must have a Matric certificate (or equivalent) with Mathematics and Physical Science subjects passed
- Having passed S1, S2 or S3 in Electrical Engineering will be advantageous
- Loyal, reliable, self-starter
- Good communication skills in English
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements above.